Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nisa Jewelry


I've been corresponding lately with a very nice woman who makes some of the loveliest jewelry i've seen. These mussel shell earrings are a very small sample of what she offers for sale on her website. She's developing her etsy shop right now, and i can't wait to see more creations from her. Most notably, i look forward to seeing what she makes with my beads!

Nisa, the artist behind this beautiful work, is stationed on the northeast coast. I'm pretty much a central plains person, but looking at her work makes me wish i could comb a seashore for inspirational flotsam and jetsam. I can't help imagining the wet wind in my hair, the salt spray on my cheeks, and the calls of the shorebirds, as i handle and consider hundreds of pieces of wave-washed shell bits, looking for a perfect match for earrings... hmmm, maybe it's not too late to change our spring break plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment