Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sock Monkey Happened


I am a long time sock monkey maker. I started collecting them and creating them about 20 yrs ago... i dare say, they weren't popular when i was doing it. In this day of very affordable Made In China socks, it is very hard not to pass a hosiery department without eyeing them up for potential as sock monkeys.

I have bags of sock creatures that i had made on long road trips--wide variety of shapes, sizes, buttons, stripes, bells, etc.-- with the intention of offering them on etsy. But somehow, when it came down to it, i couldn't seem to part with them. Or a new baby or little kid comes into my life, and they get happily gifted. But this SM (sock monkey) got made spontaneously and quickly and is now in my etsy shop. I wash my hands of it, so to speak; i'm not allowing myself to have emotional connection. :-) And with a new Section now in my etsy shop, "Plush", maybe i'll be able to add more sock creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment