Monday, March 30, 2009

How do YOU feel about "made to order" beads?


Thanks to the one person who took part in the poll i had up for the last month. (Even though you decided to remove your answers the next day, I had already gotten your votes! lol But for future reference: if you vote in a poll, you do remain completely anonymous to me.

And speaking of polls, I have put up a new one on this page, and I would really like to get some feedback, so please vote!

I have seen some bead makers on etsy who show a set of beads that they offer to "make to order". It seems like this would be great for buyers and sellers: the buyer gets to choose from beads that might not exist yet, but can exist within a day or two once the lampworker knows someone wants some beads like that. It's like, if you walk into a shoe store and say you want this model but it size 10. The shopkeeper doesn't have to fill the front of his shop with every possible size of that model of shoe, but he can slip into the back room and, presto, come up with the pair that the patron really really wanted.

But please have a look at the poll and record your opinions on this.

I've been making fish beads for the son of a friend of mine to wear in his dreadlocks, hence "Dreadfish". Some of these beads will be showing up in my etsy shop in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment