Thursday, November 5, 2009


I finally put these new beads in my etsy shop. Things have been busy for a while and i'm not getting the torch time that i like. But the things i've been busy with (babysitting, family obligations) are all good, so i'm not complaining, just excusing. :-)

I'm sure you will remember my cat, Archie, and the story about his gaping neck wound. It was 2 months ago that he dragged himself home with the skin of his neck missing. We never did learn what happened to him. He only has one section of skin left to regenerate. It's about 1 cm x 5 cm. I have to confess that until recently i've been taking him to our vet to change the bandages. I have since toughened up a bit and can do it myself with no queaziness at all. There will be much rejoicing when he has finally patched it all in with skin. His fur has filled in on the new skin that he has grown, although it's darker than the surrounding fur. And the stripes down the back of his neck have grown like they have been pulled to one side. But he has been a really happy cat, once he got through the bad first couple of days. Really amazing. I think that if i had a big patch of exposed muscle tissue, it would really bother me. But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment