Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beans, Beads and Boards







It's "blustery" today. A perfect autumn day. I believe it might even be mild enough for me to be out in the workshop this afternoon. But, hmmmm.... what to work on? I seem to be without a lampwork plan. Often that will change as soon as i sit down in front of the torch and pick out a couple of rods of colored glass. Then i'll get an idea for something to try. I'll be counting on one of those spur of the moment inspirations if i get out to the workshop. I'm putting a big pot of beans together at the moment. Beads and beans. How's about beads that look like pinto beans? That would make some elegant jewelry! ha!

As i mentioned earlier, i've got a number of CatBling cat collar charms made up. I don't quite know what to do with them. I threw one up in my etsy shop at $5 with the entire sale going to my local vet for her emergency rescue fund. I don't know if the others will follow suit, or not. They're cute, but i'm not sure there's a market for cat jewelry, you know?

Middle Son lives and breathes skateboard. He dearly wants a good (read "expensive") digital video camera so he can upload his tricks to YouTube. Meanwhile he got me taking some still photos of him. The sun was low, the skatepark was under a roof, and i'm not the most knowledgeable camera worker. The quality of the shots are mediocre so i tried to compensate by playing with them in a photo manipulation program. I like some of the results. But they weren't quite what Middle Son had in mind.

There, now we've got beans, beads and boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment