Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back to Business



I've had my dear friend from way back visit with me for a while, and i had some downtime with a cold, but things are back to normal now and the beads are finally getting made again.

One item in the shop now is this set of four little bones made with the Messy Color glass called Stone Ground. The round bead i made using this color wasn't very interesting, but it really shines when used kind of sculpturally, like in my bones. Then many different, albeit pretty subtle, colors are brought out. A lot of the Messy Color glasses behave like this and it's really nice.

I used another Messy Color called Sangre to make the red set of rounds. An encased layer of fine silver foil (melted off and reduced) provides that neat pearly, metallic residue.

No comments:

Post a Comment