Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stuff Happens



I did it again. I let the kiln heat up to anneal my beads, and i went and did something else, and before i remembered it again i got a little bit of hell going on in my workshop. These are some very melted, slightly charred, BirthBones glommed on to the bottom of my kiln. I've been at a bit of a loss as to how to remove them, plus i was bummed out, so i think it has been at least 3 weeks since i've made a bead. But i've been distracted by many other issues, too. Perhaps some people like to do beads to relax, but i think i look at it as more of a job now. Maybe that's what happens when you try to make something you love into a career. Family-related worries, two part time jobs, visitors, home repairs,... I'm a little relieved to be able to put at least one thing on the back burner for a bit.

And after a very uncharacteristic (for New Mexico) fortnight of dark, cool, gloomy, damp weather, the sun has returned and it has been gorgeous. And the cool dampness has made everything so green and lush! I am a weeder by personality. Picky, picky. It is a great feeling to pull a big weed up by the roots. I do as much of that as i can after a rainy spell. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment